1. Two words – Penang drivers, notorious for being crazy the moment they hit the road
Penangites are generally nice people, but it’s a whole different story on the road. Some Penang drivers always seem to be in a hurry – cutting queues, beating traffic lights, honking at drivers who stick to the speed limit etc.
2. You never know which lane to stick to because they switch lanes every five seconds. Oh, they like driving on dotted lines too.
3. P***ed off a hot-tempered one? Prepare to be greeted with a special hand sign throughout your journey.
4. There are so many motorbikes everywhere. SO. MANY.
No, you cannot ram through them even though they are in the middle of the road. That’s illegal.
5. You gotta be careful when making a turning, coz there could be a car randomly (and haphazardly) parked on the side.
6. To make things worse, the roads are reeeaaally narrow.
So narrow you feel like you’re gonna bump into the car next to you if you move 1cm to the side.
7. Not only that, they can be pretty confusing! A two-way street today might become a one-way street the next time you’re in Penang. What even…
Don’t even get us started on the many, many random lorongs branching out from the main roads.
8. Think KL traffic is bad? Wait ’til you see Penang’s peak hour chaos…
Good luck trying to switch lanes; Penang drivers are most likely to inch closer to the car in front of them than let you cut in front of them.
9. To put it simply, if you don’t have a ‘P’ number plate, you’re definitely gonna get bullied on the road.